Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wondering About Cliven Bundy, Wondering About Black Folk

I don't for a minute believe that most people supporting Bundy's fight with the Bureau of Land Management also support is infamous news conference and his subsequent 'wonderings' about black peoples lot in life. I do however believe that he thought he was among some others with similar 'wonderings'.

Black people don't wonder. They know that in these United States there are people who 'wonder' like Cliven Bundy. Just read in my local paper the other day comments regarding a column by Leonard Pitts Jr. http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/20/4070025/does-race-motivate-some-obama.html. The general feeling was that Pitts always uses the race card. I say to those folks, yes, he does, because he knows the Cliven Bundys are alive and well in American society.

Another thing I wonder about is why the members of  on the right of our political spectrum feel like they now have a target on their back? Are they wondering if Leonard Pitts Jr. is going to say, "See, I told you so."

No comments: